Friday, July 11, 2008

iPhone 3G

So here we are July 11, 2008. Boy was there a line at the AT&T store. I drove by the store last night and didn't see anyone in line. However, this morning there looked like there were some people who camped out. Somehow I don't think that is a good ROI for my time. I did manage to get there at approximately 7:15am. I was just about the 100th customer. As the line grew even after me, the AT&T manager was starting to tell people there was not enough supply. Turns out that I was the cut off. I was afraid I would not get one. About 2 1/2 hours later (from 8am), they ran out of the 16 GB black and white. So people were getting out of line who were in front of me and in back of me. I was no longer the cut off!

The experience was a bit unnerving. It was really a 3:30 hour wait. The first 2 1/2 just to find out if I would make the cut. Several people behind me would not leave the line even after the manager said you would not make it. People were still coming at 10am. By the time purchasing came, the systems were already at a melt down. AT&T could not even activate the phone. They told me by 3pm or 4pm today. This means I cannot unbrick my phone. I guess there are worse things to do on a day like this. So at least I can say I was one of the firsts in California to get one on 7/11. I can't wait to test out the speeds. I had already downloaded the 2.0 upgrade for my old iPhone yesterday. I will be giving that one to my mom!

Well, as with my Mac Book Air, I have decided to make it a tradition to take pictures when I get a new Apple product. So check out the photos below.

The box - They managed to make it smaller than the 1st iPhone














Inside the Box















Front facing


Back side with the black


Everything inside - The power source is even smaller!


1 comment:

Oren said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing. Glad you got your iPhone 3G and we're looking forward to following along as you activate and use your 3G.

Keep up the great work!