Wednesday, July 30, 2008

3G exists on the island of Oahu

I decided to turn on the 3G function yesterday while I was in Waikiki. I just could not believe that Apple would sell 3G iPhones in a graphic region that does not have 3G capabilities. Sure enough, the iPhone found 3G service within several feet outside my hotel. For some reason, in the room we stayed, not to mention hotel, there is no 3G availability until you walk outside and away from the building.

With 3G on today, I was using the GPS features but did not really notice the difference in speeds.

I also decided to turn back on Exchange on Monday. Here comes the battery drain. I just made a point to charge nightly.

1 comment:

Oren said...

I found 3G on most of Kauai but generally not inside our condo.

I exchanged my 8GB for a 16GB and having 3G on, location services on, push email for two accounts, and some moderate to light internet usage, and the battery lasts all day with about 75% to spare. I believe my new phone has better battery life not because it's a 16GB but just because the battery is better (IMO).