Thursday, July 24, 2008

3 Cheers for 3G GPS

Kalakaua St, Waikiki
So I am walking down Kalakaua street in Waikiki. I didn't bring my map that shows me where the Food Pantry grocery store is. All I know is that it is some direction northeast. After walking for a spell, I finally stopped to ask a groundskeeper at the Moana Surf Rider hotel, "if I turn left here, will I get to Food Pantry?" His answer in broken English was a yes. So I make the left and as I am walking down the street I realize that I should just pull out the iPhone. So I get my position via GPS. I type in Food Pantry in the search and it brings up the result on the map. BTW...this is using Edge...speed wasn't an issue. I actually overshot my mark with my guess walking. The 3G has a route for me via car, but more impressively, I have a blue pin which represents my current position. As I continue walking towards my destination, my blue pin is moving along with me!!!! SWEET!

3G so far just has too many pluses to outweigh some of the negative factors that can be improved upon. My love for Apple products lives on!

Aloha!

No comments: