Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 3 of iPhone 3G

Today was rather uneventful in the 3G life. I will say however that I am not impressed with the way iPhone handles multiple email accounts. I configured both Gmail and exchange. Apparently and to my limited knowledge until someone tells me otherwise, if you configure exchange, you will not be able to get Gmail notifications. I tried several variations in settings. However, deleting the exchange account and then sending a test email to my Gmail account got me back to normal. I was receiving Gmail notifications again. So I don't need exchange that bad. If work really wants to support it, they can buy me another iPhone, which will probably be never.

i still don't like the fact that configuring multiple email accounts requires navigating back to account page to change email accounts.

Since I had a BBQ party today, I didn't get to play too much with the iPhone. I did plug it in to my car adapter. I found that the jack is tighter this time around. At first I thought I was going to need a new adapter. This feels true as well for the AC jack. The connectors seem much tighter...like I might break it if I try too hard.

I also caught a guts picture off a site called ilounge.com. Here is what the insides of the iPhone look like...



According to iLounge, the battery is not soldered on as in the first iPhone.

No comments: