Tuesday, July 29, 2008

3G GPS does it again


So I am still in Hawaii. Waikiki to be exact. It is almost insane to get a car to get around this approximately 1 square mile. Pretty much anything you want to do in town can be done by walking. The day before yesterday, Monday, we were looking for something to do. I thought I would not be going to the aquarium, but for under $20 for all four of us, I thought why not. The Waikiki Aquarium is very small, but in its day, it was the most advanced of the times. To get there, we had to walk down Kalakaua Ave, the main strip through Waikiki. I knew the aquarium was past the restaurant we ate at the night before, but I didn't bring the address. WHIP out the 'ol 3G and click to get our current position, type in the destination, and BLAMO! I am less than 1/4 mile from the aquarium. My interesting observation is that the directions and time to destination are based on driving. Not that it is a big deal, but would be nice if you could choose between drive and walk, since one way streets don't apply to me when I am walking to a destination.

No comments: